Being Fully Human: Dismantling Race and Racism in Conscious Community Course Details
As a guided self-study, designed to accommodate full lives and busy schedules, the course provides:
- An opportunity for exploration of the dynamics in communities that seek to ‘do good’ – through a personal and collective lens
- Conceptual clarity around race, racism, racial trauma, whiteness and privilege – and reflective exercises exploring how these are embodied in our everyday lives and within conscious community.
- Space to explore individual and collective pathways to authenticity and liberation, and to create an environment conducive to this within conscious community.
The course is comprised of:
- Comprehensive workbooks with both conceptual and practical content
- Supportive summary video clips from the facilitators
- Personal and interactive reflective exercises, with online submissions
- Supportive post-course community
The workbooks, accompanied by the recorded videos, are structured around the following themes/modules:
- Guiding principles and models for dismantling race and racism
- A trauma-informed approach to the embodied ‘energetics’ of race and racism
- The historical construction of ‘race’ and contemporary manifestations of racism
- Detailed exploration of how race and racism show up in conscious community
- Building individual, community, and organisational capacity for authentic inclusion
- Liberation, healing, and restitution
As an optional yet recommended component, the facilitators – trained coaches and therapists – offer one-on-one online sessions to support integration and application of the materials into your day-to-day life.
Dates to be announced